Afan Lido 1 Penybont 2

The first half was tight with few chances at either end. However, on 35 minutes the referee awarded Penybont a penalty, he was possibly the only one in the ground who thought it and once it was scored it changed the game. In the second half we pushed forward looking for an equaliser and we were forced to take chances at the back. That said the second goal came from a corner with 12 minutes to go with Josh Webber pulling a goal back in the 90th minute. We had a few chances to level but failed to hit the target.

We had a penalty shout of our own on 8 minutes when Sean Hanbury went down in the box but the referee waved play on for what seemed a valid penalty. Both Sean Hanbury and Jack Todd had chances but failed to get in a shot. Carlos Indjai headed the ball clear and set Shane Williams off on a run down the left, he found Sean Hanbury who set up a chance for Elliot Thomas but his shot from just outside the area was saved by the keeper. Josh Webber had a great cross headed clear with Jack Todd just beaten to it. Early in the second half Shane Williams was fouled but no free kick was given allowing Penybont to attack but Josh Webber got back to tackle the forward and Carlos Indjai brought the ball out running about 50 yards with it. Jack Fleming replaced Jack Todd and his cross appeared to be handled in the area but again no penalty was the decision. Some poor defending by us allowed Penybont to get in a shot which Steve Cann turned behind for a corner from which they had a free header to score. We pushed forward looking to get back into the game and following a free kick Liam McCreesh shot wide. Elliot Thomas and Carlos Indjai combined to set up a shooting chance for Elliot but once again the keeper saved the shot. We pulled a goal back in the 90th minute when Josh Doyle played the ball through for Josh Webber who scored with a right footed shot. We still had time for another attack but from a decent position Liam McCreesh shot over the bar.

A disappointing final home game, a typical end of season game but our cause wasn’t helped by some inconsistent refereeing.