Best performance to date

This was easily our best performance to date. A Sean Hanbury shot was turned behind by the keeper and from the corner we took the lead on 8 minutes. The keeper punched the ball out but only to Ben Keen who was just inside the area and he fired home through a gap in the defensive set up. Carmarthen should have equalised on 16 minutes but former Lido youngster Noah Daley mishit his shot and Steve Cann collected. Both sides were strong in midfield and this is where most of the play took place, there were few goalmouth incidents in the first 20 minutes. Carmarthen had a goal disallowed on 26 minutes, Liam Thomas tapped home a cross but was adjudged offside. Ioan Evans set Liam McCreesh free but Liam Griffiths could only head the ball into the side netting. Chris Jones then hit the bar with a free kick on 28 minutes and chances now started coming with Scott Tancock heading just wide. Liam Griffiths had a chance on 36 minutes, the Carmarthen keeper raced off his line to close down Liam, he turned and shot but the ball went just wide of the target. In added time in a repeat of Liam’s previous effort he chased down a long ball forward and lobbed the keeper to make it 2-0 at the break. Carmarthen came out quickly in the second half but the Lido defence held firm. On the hour Lido created another chance with Liam Griffiths playing Ioan Evans through. His cross was cleared into the path of Griffiths but his first time shot went just over the bar. Within a minute Lido did score their third, Liam Griffiths picked up a defensive mistake and squared the ball in for Ioan Evans to tap into the empty net. Lido defended in depth now with Carmarthen searching for gaps to attack but the Lido back line didn’t offer much for the home side. With 13 minutes to go Carmarthen were offered a lifeline when Jackson Hall was adjudged to have fouled Liam Thomas in the area. However, Steve Cann guessed correctly and saved Liam Thomas’s penalty and with it went Carmarthen’s last realistic hope of getting something out of the game. Inside the last 10 minutes, Chris Jones set up Ioan Evans who closed in on goal but the Carmarthen keeper made a good save to deny Ioan a second goal.