Jay nets four in Welsh Cup win

Port Talbot actually started well and created the first chance of the game on 6 minutes. It fell to Adam Llewellyn who hit a volley off a well worked cross but Cirotto got behind it and held the ball.

A minute later the Lido took the lead, Patrick Finneral made inroads down the right and his low cross evaded the home defence and Ioan Evans tucked it into the empty net from a couple of yards.

Lido created another chance on 15 minutes when Jack Underwood shot from just outside the area and though his shot is on target, it was well held by the keeper. Lido were now getting well on top and the chances were flying thick and fast. Jay Thomas tried his luck with a curling shot that narrowly missed the far post. On the half hour Jack Underwood with a pinpoint cross found the head of Jay Thomas and he headed goalwards. The keeper made an excellent save to keep it out and parry it wide.  On 39 minutes Whalley went into the book for Port Talbot for a foul on the edge of the box. Jay Thomas lined up the free kick, he hit the target but the keeper smothered it well. A minute later Lido created another chance as Ioan Evans was released on goal but a pitch bobble beat him and he fired over the bar. The second goal which had been threatening arrived on 44 minutes from the penalty spot. Jay Thomas was fouled by the keeper, he got up and tucked it away.

Lido caught Port Talbot cold at the start of the second half scoring after only 25 seconds. Again, Patrick Finneral crossed low for Jay Thomas to slide it home.  Home keeper Wilson made an exceptional double save from Underwood, firstly pushing away a right footed shot which rebounded back onto the head of Underwood but Wilson collected. Jay Thomas completed his hat trick with a superb shot into the top corner following a throw in on the right. Then on 61 minutes he netted his fourth, a thirty yard shot which squirmed underneath the keeper. Lido made a double substitution after this with Jordan Edwards and Josh Webber replacing Underwood and Finneral. Almost immediately Edwards turned his defender and got his shot away but Wilson again did well to keep it out. Ioan Evans then won a header and it rattled the crossbar before Wilson collected. Wilson was again in action as Edwards raced clear and took a shot at goal which Wilson tipped over the bar. On 75 minutes Port Talbot changed keepers and within a minute Jordan Edwards met a cross with his head and tucked it away. Ioan Evans broke free and took a shot at goal which Hopkins parried clear into the path of Edwards but his follow up shot was blocked. Lido continued attacking and Edwards was clear on goal and released a shot away which Hopkins was forced to parry wide.