Great win at Ammanford

Lido started well Jordan Edwards pinged a cross into the box for Evans to meet with his head but Rano got down well to save. Ammanford minute but it was flagged offside. We had another let off on nine minutes when Ammanford twice hit the post, Firstly Fisher shot from distance which evaded Couch but rebounded off the post to Jenkins. His follow-up deflected off Couch but again rattled the woodwork and bounced clear. Lido were forced into an early substitution when Samm Harrison limped off to be replaced by Taylor Evans. Ammanford were starting to create a series of chances  putting pressure on the Lido defence and asserting territorial dominance in the Lido half. However Lido started exerting pressure of their own as they win three corners in a row. On 32 minutes Ioan Evans went down in the area under a challenge but referee Ben Williams ignored the appeals.

Ioan was then booked for a late challenge on Matthew Fisher. Fisher and Dillon are subsequently booked for retaliation as the incident sparked a melee in the middle of the park. On 41 minutes  Ammanford were awarded a soft penalty but Couchie was the hero saving Trundle’s spot kick which he placed to the bottom right and Couch made a superb save to turn it around the post. The drama wasn’t over as a minute later Lido were awarded a penalty as Edwards drove into the box and was brought down. Jordan got up and coolly slotted past the Ammanford keeper. There was another chance for Lido as Ioan Evans shot but Rano in goal managed to block the shot.

The second half started scrappily with neither side able to get their foot on the ball and dictate play. However, the Lido created a handful of chances with both Jordan Edwards and Ioan Evans going close. On 58 minutes Leon Britton misplaced a back pass straight into the path of Jordan Edwards but Rano closed down his shot which then found Harry Davies whose rebound was deflected just over the bar. On the hour Lido replaced Liam Griffiths with Josh Webber as Ammanford pushed forward and once again there was a great save from Couch. Fisher tried to guide a low shot goalwards from the edge of the box and Couch got down to tip it wide. Ammanford equalised on 67 minutes from a corner as Euros Griffiths rose above the defence to head home. Worse was to follow as on 70 minutes Ioan Evans went down in the box but the referee adjudged it to have been a dive and showed Evans the red card.  Despite being down to 10 men Lido pushed forward and were unlucky when Edwards beat his defender and squeezed a shot past Rano which looked to be rolling in but it rebounded off the far post and wriggled clear. Minutes later in a virtual repeat Lido went back into the lead, Edwards released Josh Webber clear and he placed his shot into the bottom corner. The lads battled hard and it was going to be a tough ten minutes weathering the inevitable storm. Jordan Edwards went off injured to be replaced by Luke McDonald, with 3 minutes of normal time to go there was another save from Couch as he got down low to turn a shot behind. We held on with some heroic defending for a welcome 3 points.