Reserves win top of the table clash

The reserves won an entertaining top of the table clash at Ammanford 3-1 with two goals from Josh Webber and the opening goal from Luke McDonald who was celebrating his 18th birthday. Lido had the better of the first half exchanges but couldn’t turn possession into goals. Rory Healey shot wide from a corner. Ammanford headed a free kick over the bar in a rare raid into Lido territory and on 27 minutes Louie Cirotto got down well to save a shot. Ioan Evans beat several players in a positive attack but as he reached the area he lost the ball and the attack fizzled out. On the half hour a good move involving several players saw Cameron Harris head over the bar. The first goal wasn’t long in coming after that as Jordan Pike played the ball down the line for Josh Webber. Luke McDonald met his cross and his powerful shot gave the keeper no chance to give us a deserved lead. Two minutes later (36 ) Josh Webber doubled the lead when he cut in from the left and fired a low shot past the keeper. Ammanford tried to respond but Steve Morris broke up the attack and set up another Lido attack. Ammanford were awarded a free kick which was headed clear but they picked up the loose ball and tried a long distance shot which went over the crossbar. Ioan Evans had another run at the Ammanford defence in added time but his shot went over the bar.In the early seconds of the second half Cameron Harris went on a good run and found Josh Webber who made ground into the box but the keeper saved his shot. Then a reversal of the first half Ammanford took charge of the second and put the Lido defence under pressure.  In a rare break Luke McDonald fed Harry Davies who tried a chip from the right side of the area but it just missed the far post with the keeper beaten. From the resultant goal kick Ammanford played the ball forward and scored with a low shot from wide out which beat everyone. Ammanford put on the pressure but Lido defended well combined to some poor shooting kept the score at 2-1. Josh Webber had another opportunity to extend the lead but under pressure shot just wide. With 10 minutes to go Cameron Harris again headed over the bar from a free kick. Josh Webber settled the result on 87 minutes when he drifted in from wide left and curled the ball around the keeper into the far corner.  Ammanford didn’t give up though and Louie Cirotto did well to punch the ball clear following a corner just ahead of the final whistle.