Lido lose to a late penalty

Lido conceded an early and late goal to once again end up with a defeat. Lido went behind on 8 minutes following a defensive error which allowed Ricky Kerr to pounce on the ball and he only had  Steffan Rogers to beat to put the visitors ahead. They went close again on 12 minutes when Gavin Jones picked up the ball on half way and with a searing run down the right before unleashing a shot from a tight angle which rippled the side netting. He had plenty of support in the box but thankfully for the Lido he chose the wrong option. As the game developed there were relatively few chances for either side since the goal. Lido were starting to probe but with no breakthrough while Llanelli – and Gavin Jones in particular – look threatening on the break. On the half hour Lido had their first real opportunity, Cai Owens took a free kick but couldn’t keep his shot on target. Llanelli responded with a long range shot from Sam Parsons which forced a save from Steffan Rogers. Jay Thomas then tried his luck with a Lido free kick from just outside the box but his effort drifted wide. Thomas then tried a shot which the Llanelli keeper turned behind for a corner.

The first major incident of the second half saw Sam Parsons narrowly missing the target when he tried an audacious shot from way out after spotting Rogers off his line. It was still all to play for but neither side were able to create any clear chances. Then with 13 minutes to go Cai Owens headed in from a corner to level the score. Spurred on by this Lido pushed forward looking for a second and created a few chances but Llanelli defended in numbers protecting their goal. With the game seemingly heading for a draw Kyle Copp was brought down in the area and James Loveridge sent Steffan Rogers the wrong way to restore Llanelli’s lead. Lido pushed forward in the remaining minutes but Evan Price’s header was easily held by Dimonkene in the Llanelli goal and the visitors saw out the game to win the three points.